Tech System Associate, Signal Path Support
About the Company
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable things. We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Porter-Cable. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. And you can guarantee that we’ll keep making it work.
Performs requirements analysis, planning, design and deployment and ongoing operations management and technical support of Stanley Security technology infrastructure. Performs business technical system upgrades, including planning and scheduling, coordination and deploying. Ensures availability and performance of systems and application environments through proactive as well as reactive analysis and maintenance.
This position is responsible for
Providing support for the Monitoring Signal Path Support team. Answering business partner questions and responding to any critical outages.
The person in this role will
Staff the Signal Path Support Team;
- Be on periodically stand-by duty during off-duty hours;
- Work project initiatives to improve systems and applications as directed by management;
- Have working knowledge of Signal Path systems and monitoring applications including, MASterMind and other internal Monitoring applications.
- Performs day-to-day work required to monitor and maintain a stable IT infrastructure and operating environment;
- Learns new infrastructure, operations & security technologies, Stanley Security specific technologies and business processes as relate to business needs;
- Leverages industry standard tools and methodologies to triage and debug issues to determine the root cause of the problem;
- Implements infrastructure, operations & security monitoring services, using industry standard software, collects relevant data, performs analytics and provides system performance dashboards;
- Implements operational metrics, collects data, and publishes production systems health information;
- Act as liaison with vendors on technical matters;
- Conduct periodic walkthrough visits of the Data Center observing and noting any potential issues. Check with departments we support. Implement any applicable corrective measures to any issues noted;
- Application End User Support;
- Monitor and service signal path equipment that includes the receivers and pc equipment that make up the signal path located SOC Datacenter;
- Work through correcting interruptions to the signal path to level of support, contact appropriate personnel when problem is beyond support scope;
- Monitor alarm signals and respond accordingly using Mastermind monitoring application and periodic physical walkthrough observation;
- Manage support through the use of Stanley’s ticketing system as well as email the business with updates;
- Become familiar with all the systems and technologies used in support of the CSS Business/Stanley Security Solutions Group;
- Make sure we are keeping our area clean along with the data center.
Knowledge of common hardware, operating systems, networking, servers, storage and database technologies;
- Knowledge of routing, switching and firewalls. CCNA routing and Switching is an advantage;
- Basic understanding of infrastructure, operations & security principles, design, implementation and testing methodologies;
- Basic understanding of IT systems and their business functions;
- Basic understanding of standard problem solving methodologies;
- Basic understanding of virtualization technics like VMware and Hyper-V.
- Applies standard problem solving methodologies to issues reported;
- Generally uses existing procedures to resolve common problems.
Works under general direction, seeks assistance as needed;
- Completes work in accordance with accepted practices within field.
Conveys information in a concise and professional manner;
- Asks effective questions and seeks feedback to understand needs.
We are looking for two people to join our team
Junior: 0-2 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Senior: 4 - 6 years of relevant experience.
- Alarm industry knowledge is preferred;
- High level understanding of IT solutions and how they are leveraged to meet business needs;
- Basic understanding of operating systems, database, server, storage and networking technologies;
- Basic understanding of ITIL-processes;
- This person is trilingual; Dutch, French and English.
Undergraduate degree or Graduate degree in computer science.